Saturday, January 16, 2010

What do I reflect?


"What you see is what you become", is an expression I've heard many times. The things we watch, read, etc all affect us in different ways, good and/or bad. The inner image you have of yourself is what will determine what and who you will be.


The book of Proverbs clearly states: "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. " In other words, how our lives look like is a direct result from the condition of our hearts (our mind, will and emotions).


To guard means to: cover, defend, keep, police, protect.. and the list goes on. This means that I need to make a consicous decision to watch over what I choose to see, read and fill my mind with. Naturally, we live in this world and we come across things daily that may be negative or bad. It's what we choose to linger on and meditate on that will enter our hearts.


Since God is the one who created us, he knew exactly what he did when he said to Joshua; "Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do." God told him to be strong and very corageous in the face of the biggest battle in his life up to that point. This is what Joshua meditated on and meditated on and meditated on. The image God had of him as a success became a reality on the inside of Joshua. He began to see himself the way God saw him instead of meditating, (speaking and thinking) defeat and fear.
Paul writes in his letter to the church in Corinth: "But we all with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of God."
What I see IS what I become, and the more I focus on Jesus by filling myself with the Word, the more His image will be seen in and through my words and actions. I will know what he likes and doesn't like. His way of thinking and his way of speaking will become my way of thinking and speaking. It is Jesus who will be reflected off my life!

2 comments:

  1. Underbart! Tack Nina för att du delat ditt hjärta, dina tankar med oss. Du utmanar mig att våga ta ett steg till, komma närmare Livets Herre och söka källorna med det rena friska, livgivande vattnet. Du är en förebild! Jag är så tacksam för den vishet och de gåvor Herren har gett dig, Nina. Just för denna tid. Kramar, Christa

    ReplyDelete